Chapman Piloting & Seamanship 66th Edition
Published: September 2009
Hardcover with Jacket
all in color
8 5/16 X 10 7/8
Carton Quantity: 4
With millions of copies sold, Chapman Piloting has been the leading reference for both power and sail boaters for nearly a century. Now this absolutely essential guide—with 928 pages, 1,500 full-color illustrations and charts, and exploded views and cutaways—is thoroughly updated with all the latest information on US federal laws, regulations, and fees. In fact, NO competing book is more current on this ever-changing sport. Chapman covers the newest technology; the most recent laws; the most up-to-date rules of boat handling, navigation, safety, and etiquette. Anyone who puts a craft on water needs the vital information in this world-recognized bible of boating.
- Most up-to-date Federal laws, regulations, and fees
- The latest developments in outboard motors and inboard vectored thrust propulsion systems, including joystick controls - New mayday procedures
- Cutting edge technology: VHF/DSC radio; Rescue 21 coastal communication system; networking electronic devices; features and capabilities of GPS, radar, depth sounder, fish finders, and chartplotters; eLoran system; autopilot; NMEA 2000 and more
- Latest United States Power Squadron updates
- Expanded contact information for governmental and commercial organizations
CHARLES “CHUCK” B. HUSICK is president and proprietor of OWA, Inc., a management consulting firm specializing in the aviation, marine, and electronics industries. He is a member of the Boat U.S. Advisory Council, the American Boat & Yacht Council, the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) Implementation Task Force, and a member of the board of the Radio Technical Committee for Marine Services (RTCM). He has lectured on marine diesel engines, electrical systems, communications, and radar. He is a former Chairman and President of the Chris Craft Boat Company. He writes for a number of the leading US boating and sailing publications.