Sterling Biographies®: Babe Ruth
Series: Sterling Biographies®
Published: April 2010
Age range: 10 upwards
5 1/2 X 7 1/2
Carton Quantity: 50
Making legends and leaving people awestruck: that’s what Babe Ruth was all about. More than 70 years after he swung his bat for the final time, “the Sultan of Swat” remains baseball’s greatest player. Find out about:
- His troubled childhood—including a period in reform school
- How he got his legendary nickname
- How he always tried to be an inspiration to children
- His record-breaking plays
- The curse of the Babe that haunted the Boston Red Sox for so many years
This biography really hits one home!
David Fischer has written for Sports Illustrated for Kids and The New York Times, among other publications, and has authored or coauthored numerous books on sports, including Greatest Sports Rivalries; A Yankee Stadium Scrapbook; Obsessed with Baseball; and Roberto Clemente: Trailblazer of the Modern World. He currently lives in New Jersey with his wife Carolyn and two children.