The Oat Milk Cookbook
By Kim Lutz (Author)
Oat milk, as a vegan alternative to cow’s milk, is gaining widespread popularity due to its delicious flavor and impressive nutrient profile as an excellent source of calcium, Vitamin D, and heart-healthy fiber. Plus, it’s naturally free of lactose, soy, nuts, and gluten, making it ideal for anyone with dietary restrictions, allergies, digestive distress, and other gut troubles. These 100 recipes will make oat milk an everyday ingredient in all the foods you crave—without compromising flavor! You’ll find a wide array of mouthwatering, easy-to-make dishes, including rich desserts (even ice cream), snacks, smoothies, and of course main meals.
- Delicious breakfasts, such as Strawberry Almond Overnight Oats, Vegan French Toast, and Spinach-Artichoke Strata
- Lunches and dinners, including Black Bean Cakes, Spicy Eggplant and Brown Rice with Oat Milk, Mediterranean Stew with Creamy Polenta, and even Nachos
- Soups, salads, and sides, from Butternut Squash Soup and Curry Chickpea Salad to Green Bean Casserole and Creamed Spinach
- Dips, sauces, and spreads—Red Lentil Dip, Chipotle Spread, Vegan Date Caramel Sauce, and Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
- Yummy desserts, including Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peach Blueberry Cobbler, and Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- Plus a special “Oat Milk Coffeehouse” section with recipes for fantastic lattes, and another section with baked goods to accompany the coffees
ABOUT THE AUTHOR(S)
Kim Lutz is the author of several cookbooks, including Welcoming Kitchen,Super Seeds, and Ancient Grains. She is the creator of the allergy-friendly website Kim’s Welcoming Kitchen, and writes the column “Help! There’s a Vegan in My House!” in Gluten-Freeand More magazine. Kim Lutz lives in Chicago.